FINLAND HOUSE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS DUE JUNE 15
June 15 @ 12:00 am - 5:00 pm
- The student must be Canadian citizen or have Permanent Resident status.
- The student must be resident of British Columbia for at least the last 12 months. If not, please provide previous address.
- The student must provide proof of their Finnish descent e.g. names of family member(s), from where in Finland, and describe their connection to Finland and current exposure to Finnish culture.
- The student must be enrolled in post-secondary studies at an accredited educational institution.
- The student may apply and be awarded a FHS scholarship every two years (not consecutively) up to a maximum of three times.
Checklist for completion of the application:
- Completed online application.Complete Finland House Society Scholarship Application form.
- Cover letter. Please include general information such as hobbies, interests, community/volunteer work experience etc. Also, please provide information about your Finnish heritage, some family history and explain your connection to Finland and Finnish culture. To establish financial need, please provide budget for the coming year, existing resources, including scholarships and bursaries, and forecast expenses.
- Proof of registration at the educational institution for autumn 2021 and/or winter 2022 semester.
- The transcripts of the latest marks.
- Submit online application with requested attachments as PDFs by 5:00 pm PDT, June 15, 2021.